Growing up in a house where family dinner was mandatory every night, and you had to be there, and finish all your vegetables (which was very difficult at the age of 7).... making a yummy, warm, and extremely easy dinner every night has become the ultimate homesickness cure... especially the chicken soup from an earlier post. For me it has always been dads quick grilled rosemary garlic chicken. Dad would always fire up the grill, rain or shine, but never to make burgers... it would be steaks, chickens, fish, veggies... the ultimate hassle free method of cooking.
Now, living away from home, and grill-less... I have tweaked this recipe to oven roasted perfection! Along with roasted tomatoes, steamed veggies, and Rice-A-Roni Rice Pilaf to complete the dish.
Ingredients for 2+ servings
Chicken breast - unthawed - how ever many desired
Dried or Fresh Rosemary
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (yes sounds a little high, but its the perfect temperature!)
- In a smallish bowl, place cherry tomatoes, and coat with olive oil.
- Place chicken on a pan lined with aluminum foil and coat both sides with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on both sides of chicken and tomatoes - salt, pepper, rosemary, minced garlic and pepper flakes - All to taste. (A little of the pepper flakes can go a long way)
- Place in oven and cook for 18-19 minutes, no longer or it will quickly dry out.
Serve with veggies and rice or whatever else you desire and enjoy!!!
**Note - You can alter the spices in this recipe to whatever you desire... mustard/tarragon, Italian Spices, bread crumbs... you name it, just keep the temperature and length of time the same always!